You are protected by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. If you need to return an item, please contact us within 7 days stating why the item(s) needs to be returned. Please make sure the item(s) is/are clean and dry (Health and Safety Act 1974) in original packaging and return within 14 days. In the case of a faulty item, your statutory rights are not affected.
If you wish to return an item to us because you no longer require it, please contact us by email quoting your Order Number together with reason for return and send back the item within 14 days undamaged. You will be responsible and required to pay for the postage back to us and if the item is returned in perfect condition, we will refund your original purchase cost only. The postage we recommend is tracked and signed for by ourselves for your protection.
If you want to return an item because it is damaged, please contact us by email within 7 days ideally, but no longer than 14 days and describe the damage. You will arrange for posting the item back to us (preferably using a tracked and signed postal service whereby a signature will be required by ourselves upon receipt for your protection). We will then arrange to refund you the original purchase cost together with postage costs.
You can make a purchase from us by attending one of our many Events or check out our Stockists or online using our website. Please note the colours may appear slightly different to their actual shade depending on the monitor/screen resolution you are using. If you are at all unsure or would like further advice, please contact us, when we will gladly advise you further.
If you can’t find the handbag you like, or the colour choice you have in mind, again get in touch – we will do our best to help you and source your desired item. When you’re happy – we’re happy!
Making a Purchase Online
Placing an order on our website couldn’t be simpler. Just browse our products and make your selections by adding them to bag. These items can be removed at any time. Of course, you can order by telephone or our contact form/email if you prefer.
You can then choose to be directed to our secure Paypal checkout. Please note you do not need a Paypal account to purchase from this site – simply select the “pay by card” option when you reach the first Paypal screen.
We will send you a confirmation email to let you know we have received your order. This does not indicate a contract exists between us at this stage. We may also send you notification that your order is being processed. After we send you an invoice, we will then confirm your order; this then indicates a contract between us. We have included this term to protect us in the case a mistake has been made in pricing, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In these cases, we will always contact you first to ensure the price is acceptable or offer an alternative solution.
This policy outlines how The Yorkshire Handbag Company uses the information you provide when using this website.
Say no to spam!
We do not disclose your contact information to any third parties other than for order processing, delivery and customer service or feedback purposes. We are totally committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). Cookies are used on this shopping site to keep track of the contents of your shopping bag.
Data collected by this website is used to: Take and fulfil customer orders.
All of our online transactions are processed securely by our merchant service provider PayPal. Your credit card number will be encrypted when your order is placed using SSL encryption software. Our merchant providers then inform us, via the encryption system, the outcome of that transaction.
Terms & Conditions
This website is operated and owned by The Yorkshire Handbag Company. If you need to contact us please use these details www.theyorkshirehandbagcompany.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 0776 6022178 or 01924 362333.
Placing an Order – Making a Contract With Us
- When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received your order.
- Once we have reviewed your order we will e-mail you again to confirm that we accept your order, and that a contract has been made between us.
- In the unlikely event that the goods are no longer available, or we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an e-mail confirming acceptance of your order, and there will be no contract between us.
- Images of products on this website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from the image shown on the website and will not include any of the pictured accessories, unless stated in the specification of the goods.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on this website. However, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the actual goods.
- Whilst we try to be as accurate as possible, all information provided is approximate and is provided in good faith.
- This contract is covered by English law.
Cancellations and Returns
- This policy does not apply to goods ordered by businesses which are exempt form the Distance Selling Regulations. We must first reach a mutual agreement to cancel any order.
- You can cancel your contract up to 7 working days after receipt of your goods. To do this, please contact us as soon as possible via the website contact form, by telephone or email.
- The goods must be available for collection by us within 14 days of your receipt of them and be in perfect condition and in their original packaging.
- his cancellation policy does not affect your statutory rights whereby a product is misdescribed or may be faulty for example.
- If there is a problem with the goods, please notify us by email or in writing providing details of the problem. Its helpful if you can provide us with a digital photograph of the problem as this normally saves you having to return the goods for inspection. We will deal with the matter in accordance with your legal rights.
- All goods are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty against faulty workmanship and materials, subject to the terms and conditions of that warranty.
- The manufacturer’s warranty is provided in addition to the rights that the law says you have as a consumer and accordingly, your statutory rights are not affected.
- If an exchange is necessary, this will be arranged without unreasonable delay and without charge. Replacement goods will not be dispatched until the original goods have been received by ourselves and checked.
Website Disclaimer for The Yorkshire Handbag Company
This disclaimer details our obligations to you regarding our website. Please read this disclaimer in full before you use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept the terms of this disclaimer. We do occasionally update this disclaimer so please refer back here in the future.
Use of Website
- You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our prior written permission.
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material for which you have not obtained all necessary consents, is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time but will do our utmost to make sure this does not happen or affect your shopping experience.
LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content.
- If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website and you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us.
- If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 4.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss. The products sold on this website have been designed to comply with all relevant UK legislation. We cannot warrant or represent that they comply with any legal requirement outside the UK. We do not accept liability for any consequential loss of profit or indirect losses.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
- This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of England and Wales.